MR DT: BOOK | Merry

Hello crafty friends! I am on the Maya Road blog sharing a christmas gift - stary stab binding album! 

I love giving handmade books for Christmas, and the star stab binding is one of my favorite binding methods!


Star stab binding is a fun and easy way of book binding. Add some fun Maya Road embellishments / diecuts and viola!


Stitching is easy when you have the right thread! I enjoy using Maya Road KO waxed hemp (peony). It allows me to keep an adequate amount of tension on the stitches, and a good thickness so the overall stitching is prominent and sturdy! 


For the front cover, I decorated it with some Christmas papers and added MR Wood Holiday Tokens. These tokens goes hand in hand with any projects!

Another embellishment I love to use is the MR pearl flower trim. It fills up empty spaces and is a pretty sight!


Diecuts are super useful as well. Here, I have used the Merry Christmas die and pasted the word merry on a black cardstock. I did a fussy cut around the word so it gives a border to emphasize on the title.

Another trick to highlight the title, add some clusters of MR KO Jute string. It works wonders!


Hope you have enjoyed the walk through today! 

Maya Road Supplies Used:

No comments