MR DT: What Really Matters

Time sure passes fast! This is my first Maya Road project for 2017. Today, I made use of the 4" wood pallet and decided to add a photograph where I can change along the year to highlight different events!


This is a really simple and fun project to do. First, I gesso-ed the chipboard pieces.


Adding some random chipboard numbers to the pallet and topping it up with another layer of gesso:


Next, I added some textured paste using the diecut piece from Maya Road Dots ATC Die. Using the diecuts as stencils, I obmit the step of cleaning after use. That's one faster way of crafting! After the textured paste dries, I added some random stamping all around. If you need to, just dab lightly some additional gesso to reduce the contrast of the stamping. On the next step, I used 3D foam dots to pop up the MR Scalloped Frame ATC diecut.



I always love to have some vintage tone to the florals I use in projects. Here, I simply mixed some gesso with a little water, and applied lightly to the petals of the MR Medium Vintage Flowers.

Additionally, i used a piercer and twined the stems of the flowers around it. It looks like vines around the flower and I prefer this look.


Here I have a closer look at the completed project. I did add some light misting randomly to enhance the pink tones for this project. Kept it light, so it would not overwhelm the focus.


Another closer look at the portions with the textured paste. Love how it gives a random textured look.

I used the gold bulldog clip so I can change the photo whenever I wanted! That clip is really a must to all projects!


Adding elements to this project was easy. I used MR Vintage Doilies as a backdrop, and added the resin bird coupled with paper flowers and wooden token.

Last but not least, i added some porcelain pink resin mini mums to fill some empty spaces. This step is all i need to make the project feel complete.


Hope you like what I have shared today! Best wishes for the new year and till the next post!

For those residing in Singapore, Maya Road products are available in Made With Love.

Visit Maya Road for more inspirations!

No comments