{Heart} Long Stitch Binding


Hello everyone! It's me this time round designing a project for Made With Love


I had taken a short trip to Thailand awhile ago and ended up with many photos which I would like to document in a book. Being an avid book binder, I just had to stitch my book in place! 

Looks familiar yet not so familiar? This stitching makes use of a recent class "Smile",where I expanded the possibilities to include a heart shape amidst the long stitch binding. Book binding brings out a personality in a book. There are so many different possibilities to bring out this personality when you incorporate different stitching in one book. Try combining different stitches in one book! If you have been to my class "Smile" before, you can attempt this for practice too!

Personally I enjoy the variation of long stitch binding. It allows me to use it and showcase binding from many different perspectives. It is also one of the fastest binding methods around, so no sweat creating something special and different!


Using the heavy weight burlap fabric sheet as the cover this time, it allows adequate strength to the book, so it can stand on its own without support. 



Here, let's take a close-up onto the front cover. I used the "Delicate Wings" die from Sizzix and it's currently one of my favorite dies. The intricate cuts on the wings, coupled with the gold shimmer cardstock, makes it look extremely stunning! 


On the inside of the book, I decorate with mists and white embossing powder, and it's all ready for my thailand trip photos! :)



Supplies Used:


  • Crate Paper Burlap polka dot fabric sheet
  • Sizzix "Delicate Wings"
  • Sizzix "Greetings" Brenda Walton
  • Dew Drops "DD-sun yellow"
  • Kaisercraft "A touch of Gold" Collectables
  • Kaisercraft "A touch of Gold" 6.5" Paper pad
  • Simple Stories " I AM" sticker collection
  • Simple Stories " I AM" enamel dots
  • White & Black Cardstock
  • Ranger "Peeled Paint" Distress Stain Spray
  • White embossing powder
  • Black / Red Twine


  • Supplies used are available at Made With Love. Do also check out Made With Love for more book binding class schedules! :)

    See you around and stay creative!


    No comments