Maya Road Mini Album: Cat Lover

I had received an inquiry awhile ago to make a mini album with book binding for a friend who was having her birthday in June. Her request was to use cats as the main theme as her friend was an avid lover of cats.

Truth be told, cats are not my best friends. I once got scratched by cats in the community when i was schooling, and the scratch laid a horror in my heart (almost) forever. I was doing up the notice board then, and didn't even see the cat coming into the classroom. But I did fell from the chair and it left me a deep impression. Now I am no longer scared of cats, I can watch them from afar, and I didn't mind doing ATC crop in a house filled with 2 cats (or had one of them jump from the floor to the dining table). P/S: Yes, SY, that's your house I am referring to.

So here's my take on the inquiry, and I hope the receiver likes it!



Since this was meant as a gift, I added a handmade box to house the embellished album as well.




I love how fast I could whip up an album just by picking up an album from Maya Road, and this album came up easily with a few stitches of double coptic binding using twine. Decorations came together easily, and you can find some of my supplies below:

Maya Road:

Studio Calico:

No comments